Kanban GTD Tasks & To-Dos
Get done more with Kanban & GTD®. Firetask supports you continuously from capturing your thoughts and managing your personal to-dos, to organizing your projects and focusing on your most important tasks., Firetask uniquely combines Kanban & GTD to boost your productivity to a whole new level.
Buy for Mac
Buy for iPhone & iPad
Download 15-Day Free Mac Trial
Getting It All Out Of Your Head
Free your mind for the important things in life and work by easily capturing everything in a single, trusted system.
- Inbox. Quickly capture everything in your Firetask Inbox. You can easily enrich your task with notes, links and more if needed. A badge count reminds you if your Inbox is not empty
- From anywhere. Creating new tasks from any app and device is easy using Firetask's Share extension on iOS and the global quick-create hotkey on your Mac. New tasks will sync securely to all your synced devices via Apple's iCloud.
- Command tagging. Use command tagging for quickly adding additional information or context to new tasks -- directly when typing the title, e.g. use #tomorrow for adding a due date or #+ to specify a high priority
"I’ve been working with task management tools for over 20 years and tried a lot of available products. With Firetask I found the right solution for me. The system is beautifully designed. It is stable. It has all the functions I need. I don’t want to miss Firetask in my daily work any more."
Always Staying in Control
Get into the driver's seat and always work on getting your Inbox to zero by deciding what is actionable and what is not.
- In Focus. If something is actionable simply put it into the "In Focus" list. In Focus lets you keep track of things you want to do today or as soon as possible. Want to do it on a specific date? Set a Start or Due date instead
- Delegate. Can someone else do the job, maybe even better than you? Delegate it and keep track of your delegated tasks via Firetask's built-in "Waiting for" list. You can even more quickly create delegated tasks by using command tagging, e.g. simply type @John
- Someday. Sometimes you are just not sure whether you want to do something at all and if then only in the distant future. This is when you put things into "Someday" -- our built-in GTD Someday / Maybe list
Bringing Order into Chaos
Turn chaos into order by putting your tasks into context, breaking them down if needed and neatly organizing them in projects and portfolios.
- Projects & Checklists. By grouping tasks into projects you can put your tasks in a defined order and provide them with additional context. You can also organize related projects into portfolios and define checklists as reusable task list templates
- Actions = To-Dos. If a task needs more than one step to get completed you want to break it down into the individual steps it takes to get things done. Firetask supports this via so-called actions: practical, lightweight to-dos on the task level
- Categories. Firetask provides GTD context via so-called "Categories". Categories use symbols and colors to help you visually identify if you need to write an email, make a call, discuss something in a meeting, or whether you need to make a decision.
"Like many people, I’ve used numerous task managers before discovering Firetask. Yours is hands-down the best out there as it gives control over the data in a three-dimensional way others fail to do."
Lee, IT Professional
Keeping Your System Up-to-Date
Weekly reviews ensure that your system stays up-to-date empowering you to achieve more by making informed decisions and focusing on the right things.
- Kanban. Firetask combines GTD with Kanban in a unique way providing you with unparalleled, clear overviews for reflecting on your tasks. Supported boards are organized by Status, by Categories, by Due and by Start date and by Priorities -- with drag & drop support for fast changes
- Priorities. Priorities are important for some people, others do no use them at all. Therefore, we only visualize high and low priorities using colors -- medium priority tasks are not visualized to prevent unwanted distractions
- Dates. In order to clearly visualize your schedule Firetask provides a task-oriented, built-in monthly calendar view supporting drag & drop for easy rescheduling. For due dates Firetask also supports repeating tasks, e.g., for scheduling your weekly GTD review
Boost Your Productivity
Get organized now. Firetask is available for iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch from the iOS & Mac App Store.
Achieving More By Improving Focus
Having a clear picture on what is important here and now allows you to achieve more by helping you both focus faster and to stay in the "zone".
- Today. By showing you all tasks that are "In Focus" as well as tasks that are scheduled for or due today in a single view, Firetask provides you with the big picture on what to focus on today. If you are using the Pomodoro Technique you can even enable a Pomodoro timer for helping you staying focused
- Upcoming. If you do not know what is coming up next this can result in indirect, hidden stress. Firetask's Upcoming view clearly outlines what you have scheduled for tomorrow, as well as any upcoming due dates, ensuring your mind that everything is under control
- Waiting For. Ever delegated something and never got anything back? Firetask's built-in GTD "Waiting For" list helps you keeping track of all your delegated tasks in a single place. By automatically grouping tasks by assignee you can also efficiently follow-up when meeting or calling the person in question
- Intuitive GTD Workflow. Easy, logical navigation based on the major GTD phases: Collect (Capture), Focus, Manage, and Review
- Clear Today View. One overview across all your due, scheduled and in focus tasks (in-progress and completed today optional)
- Pomodoro® Technique. Configurable support for Pomodoro task estimation with in focus Pomodoros count and Pomodoro timer
- Waiting For List. A GTD list for managing all your delegated tasks in one place - practically grouped by assignee
- Multiple Kanban Views. Drag & drop Kanban views by status, due and start dates, priorities, and categories
- Calendar visualization. Practical Dates view shows monthly calendar overview of your tasks (with due and scheduled modes)
- Projects & Portfolios. Comprehensive support for project task lists - complete with progress visualization and optional portfolios
- Categories for Context. Unique color and icon-based approach to task and project categories for providing visually rich GTD context
- Actions and Checklists. Split complex tasks into smaller actions and save repeatedly used tasks as reusable checklists
- Today Widget & Watch App. Practical Today widget and highly focused Apple Watch app providing quick access to Inbox, Today, Upcoming, and Waiting For lists
- Quick Create on Mac. Configurable global keyboard shortcut for quickly creating tasks from other apps
- Integrations & API. Integrated with built-in Calendar and Reminder apps - simple URL scheme-based API
- Syncing via iCloud. Transparent syncing via Apple's iCloud - no separate account needed
- Privacy by Design. Your tasks stay on your devices and on your iCloud account only